Welcome to the APWD Email Trouble Shooting FAQ
If your email is not sending or receiving, it may be for a number of reasons.
You may like to use the following to guide you through some of the likely causes:
- Are you connected to the internet? Open a web page, and refresh it / reload it to be sure. (Sorry if this seems illogical, but some clients will want to print this page and keep it!)
- Check with the apwd.co.uk/support.html page to see if there are any known issues. Please note that only known issues that are not resolved within 90 minutes are likely to be listed there.
- Check your mail account settings. Log on to your control panel using your main account password if you need to check them. For our Cpanel customers, there is a useful tool in the email settings section that will auto configure your email software.
- IF you can receive but not send, check firstly whether your smtp setting is through your internet service provider OR your domain name. IF it is your internet service provider, then please check the situation with their support desk.
- Restart your computer. Sometimes blockages can occur with anti spam software.
- Try webmail – log on to your webmail using your username and password.
- If the email software persistently pops up with a username and password dialogue, it is possible that there is a connectivity or server related problem. If this continues for more than 90 minutes, please call our support telephone line on +44 (0) 1934 444 777.